The Subversive Church

Becoming ever more convinced of how little I know about what it means to be the Kingdom of Heaven.

Name:
Location: Boston, MA

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why I Haven't Posted

Hello again. To both of you out there, my apologies for being gone so long.

I was admonished by a good friend the other day for not posting. So here ya go, big guy.

See, the problem is that I had been using this as a journal to write about what I'm learning, what I see God doing in and around me. I have a dozen "draft" posts ready to go, just... unfinished. But recently, I have been deep in the application process with a missions organization we all know well. And it's not easy. Not the paperwork, but negotiating and building a relationship between two parties (the organization and my family) who may not fully agree on everything. Most issues on which my wife and/or I hold differing views are nonessential, and are correctly viewed as nonessential by both parties. But some issues, apparently, are more essential than I thought.

Forgive me if I am less than forthcoming. I don't want to complain about this organization or my experiences with them, because for the most part my experiences are positive. God is doing some amazing things through this group, and I am confident that I am doing the right thing now. But politics runs deep here, and I don't want to jeopardize my relationship with this organization by blogging. Especially by blogging.

So essentially, I haven't been posting because I have been censoring myself. I'll try to find ways to stay active that are less controversial. Until then... peace.


SDG

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Patterson said...

Publius,

Glad to have you back posting. I pray that God's will be done in your family's life. There are other options out there, maybe not as desirable, but they are there.

9/09/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

Thanks, man. I appreciate you in many ways.

9/12/2006 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home